Wednesday, December 15, 2010

H. Darling holds pop-up shop in Logan Circle (photos)

I met Hadiya at sewing class at Ginger Root Design earlier this fall, and she recently got in touch to tell me about an event she was holding: a pop-up shop at Veranda, a bar/restaurant just off Logan Circle.

Well of course I had to stop by.

The sale was small, with two racks of clothing and a table of shoes and accessories. But several women rifled through the racks that offered both big-name labels and locally-designed items. The event gave Hadiya a chance to clean out her closet while promoting her personal shopping services and supporting a local designer whose name I have misplaced and will have to edit in later.

I scored a pair of gray Gap dress pants that I think Hadiya may have worn once. Knowing they would have been at least $60 new in the store, I was more than willing to pay $25 for an immaculate, pressed pair.

By the way, Veranda was the perfect spot on this sleepy Saturday afternoon. Friendly staff, plenty of room at the bar, and they welcomed a few patrons who were reading books and Kindles at the counter. Aww. That's sweet.

Photos after the jump.




H. Darling herself with her goods!

Even though the day was cloudy, lots of windows made it easy to see the fine threads.

Hadiya with her designer friend whose name I have to look up. Sorry guys!

SHOES.

An awesome dress for next spring.

1 comments:

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Awesome dress is right!!!

Post a Comment