Monday, April 26, 2010

Field Trip: Fenton Street Market

Despite the clouds and drizzle on Saturday, we had a great time setting up shop at the Fenton Street Market in downtown Silver Spring. It was great to be out in the community and meet a ton of people! A lot of nostalgic women thumbed through my hangers, telling stories of outfits and occasions from decades before or looking for something to re-create a look they once loved.

Many thanks to Debbie and Hannah from the market! They were great hosts and we hope to visit and participate against soon. We're dying to get one of the limited-edition posters to hang in our eventual new digs.

We loved talking to Rachel from Open Eyes Press, who had a rack of vintage items and makes a variety of goods from vintage fabrics. We loved her hand-made notecards. Lucia of blugrn design was a great tent-mate and we loved hanging out with her adorable pup Guapo.

Since Saturdays free for marketing are few and far-between, we've decided to launch a small Etsy shop to highlight some favorite pieces and make them available to a wide audience. Stay tuned for details! My recent addiction is sifting through the affordable, beautiful vintage items on Etsy, so I'm pretty excited.

Until my tent and I meet again in the early morning hours.....you should stop by the Fenton Street Market to check out the other awesome vendors!

Photos from the day, below.



MC helps set up shop


Some glassware and China on the table

My sign lasted through the rain!

Guapo kept us entertained all day!

Excited (this was me at the beginning of the day, when I was very awake)


Market day glamour shot!


2 comments:

Bethany said...

Now I'm even more sad I missed this Saturday. Your booth looks great. I love that plaid dress and those green glasses!

Quarter Life said...

Thanks so much, Bethany! It was my first attempt so I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day. I am really weak for green glass, but I don't really have a use for those champagne glasses. I still have them for now though. :) The plaid dress too! If you can wear a size 12 let me know....

Post a Comment