Thursday, March 11, 2010

Field Trip: Hanna's Consignment Shop

Photo from www.thenewave.com
6836 New Hampshire Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
301-270-6106
www.thenewave.com/go/hannas
-consignment-shop

Hanna's is the saddest consignment shop I've visited so far.  Here's how sad it is: I've driven by it a bunch of times, but forgot all about it until I pulled into the strip mall parking lot to visit the nearby pawn shop.  The store's location is miserable for foot traffic, and it doesn't seem like anyone ever makes a beeline for Hanna's.


It's even worse than the Salvation Army location up the street.  Just because something is old doesn't mean it's vintage.  Most of the shoes and bags I saw were of poor quality.  I didn't even have to touch the racks of clothing, as I could tell from far enough away that they were full of Briggs pants that I used to sell at Strawbridge's.


I assume the elderly lady sitting by the front door was the shop owner, and she looked very friendly.  But she didn't look as if she would have any idea what a blog was, so I decided not to try talking to her about the shop.  I took a courtesy look around and hustled out of there.  I hate when a shop disappoints me, and I wish there was some hope for this one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment