Monday, December 27, 2010

Field Trip: New to You, Inc.

108 West Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-533-1251
http://newtoyou.net


Before I ever set foot near New to You (The Chic Boutique!) I was impressed by the store's presence on social media sites: a frequently updated blog, Facebook page, and Twitter account are all in the mix and I'm not sure how the ladies have time to keep up with all of them!


New to You focuses on the better brands out there, including the tried-and-true oldies-but-goodies you can always turn to: Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, I could go on and on. It's all there. And while some of the price tags may shock you a bit (we're talking about the top brands here, after all) the staff will not. On a bustling Saturday, many moons ago when I wish I had found a chance to write about the store, the store was quite busy. But the ladies found time to talk to each and every shopper. The employees were there to educate and assist, but not to push. And you know me--I appreciate that. A lot.


Anyway, back to the prices. Yes, if you want to fill your closet with amazing, quality pieces, it's going to cost you a bit. But Brittany showed me items that had been submitted for consignment with the tags still on, and when you can get a vintage piece with the tag on for a tenth of the cost, you stop questioning the value. You can see it right in front of you.


Bottom line: Everyone is cute as a button and has a passion for both fashion and value. If you've got a few hours to spend browsing the shops in Falls Church, New to You should be your first stop.


After the jump, a ton of photos.



I am trying to remember the label on this vintage jacket that was priced under $100.

It is no matter, let's just check out its sweet buttons.

Perhaps the craziest coat I've ever seen...

All the snaps and rivets let you adjust the sleeve length. And you look badass.

McQueen jeans. Simply the best.


Brittany shows me a fun cocktail ring. Ooh, shiny!

Tags still on, get it!

I made a new friend....these fine flamingoes I got from the fun hardware store next door!




0 comments:

Post a Comment