Monday, April 19, 2010

The Find: First Day of School Edition

Every year, the approach of the first day of school means new clothes for children.  Now that I'm all grown up, I find that starting a new job is a great time to revamp the wardrobe.  I'm back in a newsroom, and while it's a casual environment, well...let's just say my last employer was even more casual.  And I loved it.

But it's time for a little change.  So I wandered over to Value Village and stocked up.  I'm not kidding when I say I stocked up.  If you're wondering how far you can get at a thrift store on $50, check out this score:
4 skirts
2 tops
2 belts

That yellow skirt in the foreground of the photo?  Yeah, it's a Lilly Pulitzer with a $178 tag.  It cost $20 at the Village, but I say it's well worth it for a cute summer skirt that goes from office to picnic and has pockets.  Definitely the best bargain I've found in a while.

I hope my grab bag provides a little inspiration if you're worried about sprucing up your wardrobe for spring or a new direction.

Speaking of a new direction, expect light posting for a few days until I get used to my new work schedule!  Thanks for your e-mails, and welcome to new Twitter followers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment