Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Find: Risky Vintage


The other day I got dressed for work and immediately said to myself, "What the heck am I wearing?" But I buttoned up my coat, complete with scarf, hat, and mittens, and leapt out the door to embrace the joy of the morning.

Sort of kidding about that last part.

Really, though, I took a big risk by wearing a vintage piece that I'm not entirely comfortable with. I'm not sure how old this jacket is, but it's a bit awkward. The collar is thin, causing me to check it throughout the day to make sure it's not all over the place. The sleeves are short, and I'm not sure if my sleeves are the problem, or my arms. And after a few hours, I realized I'm missing two buttons at the bottom. And the fake pockets, ohhh the fake pocket flaps. So awkward.

The tag says it's a 9/10. In modern sizing, there is no chance this is a 9/10.

I can't even tell you when or where I got this jacket. I'm hoping it cost about a dollar. But I like the pattern (which is black and cream, if the photo makes you wonder), and thrown over a black t-shirt it's just the thing to get me through any day that's not dubbed "casual."

And if you ask me, you can never have too many jackets.

Look: Old-school prep
Label: Queen Casuals
Likewise: I last wore it with a black tee, skinny jeans, and bright pink flats. Add a statement necklace to draw attention away from any missing buttons you haven't yet repaired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment