Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nickels and Dimes

I was in high school when I got into thrifting. Not because I was a cool hipster kid, but because thrift stores allowed me to shop independently despite my meager, so-not-mall-worthy budget. As I've grown, shopping secondhand has become a staple of my lifestyle. Thrifting allows me to purchase quality pieces at affordable prices. It's a little bit of green living as thrift shopping can be viewed as sustainable action. And there is a certain joy that comes from finding the perfect dress, in the perfect size--a diamond in the rough among the hundreds of racks.

Checking out the thrift offerings has become one of my favorite things to do since I moved to the Washington area a few years ago. I'm still broke, so I still can't hang out at the mall. But I can swing by the thrift shop on my way home from work. And sometimes I can't keep the good finds to myself. Sharing is caring, kids. Let's go shopping.


0 comments: